Workplace and employment law is one of the most challenging for businesses to keep up with due to the complexity and rapid pace of change. It’s also important to consider that workplaces are all about people so it’s important to keep in mind critical factors such as culture as well as business impacts.
Like most areas of practice at Douglas & Collins, we like to get to know our clients and support them to proactively identify risks and provide advice on mitigations, while giving business owners the confidence that they’re legally compliant so they can focus on the bigger picture. Should an issue arise we work to find the most efficient path forward by deescalating rather than what can be a longer process of litigation.
Our practical and experienced team can proactively support you with well-considered policies and up to date advice, while also supporting your business in the following areas:
- Employee agreements and contracts
- Industrial relations
- Unfair dismissal, General Protections and wrongful termination
- Workplace mediation
- Redundancy entitlements and termination of employment
- Executive remuneration
- Confidentiality agreements
- Contract disputes
- Law differences outside of Tasmania
- Enterprise Bargaining
- Interpretation and application of Modern Awards and other industrial instruments
- Obligations for transfer of business situations
- Anti-Bullying claims
If you’re a business owner who likes to surround themselves with quality, dependable advisors, the team at Douglas & Collins are ready to provide that support.