Robert graduated from the University of Tasmania in December 2007 with a combined degree in Commerce and Law. He obtained a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the University of Tasmania in 2008.
In August 2008, Robert was admitted as a Practitioner of the Supreme Court of Tasmania and joined Douglas & Collins as a graduate in February 2009. He became a director of the firm in July 2017.
Robert generally practices in property, commercial and estates, and his major areas of practice are:
- Sales and purchases of residential/commercial/agricultural real estate;
- Subdivisions and other land title matters;
- Sales and purchases of business;
- Business structuring;
- Wills and estate planning; and
- Power of attorney and enduring guardianship.
Robert was a past member of the Northern Young Lawyers Committee (2011–2015) and was the committee’s Treasurer for 2011/2012. He is currently a member of the Law Society of Tasmania’s Council. He is a former member of the Executive of the Law Society and the Society’s Property and Commercial Law Committee.