Rohan graduated from the University of Tasmania with a combined Bachelor of Economics and Law with First Class Honours in Law in 2004.
In 2005, he completed a Graduate Certificate of Legal Practice and was admitted as a practitioner of the Supreme Court of Tasmania. Upon his admission, he spent a year as Associate to the Honourable Justice Crawford of the Supreme Court of Tasmania.
Rohan has been a practitioner at Douglas & Collins since August 2006 and became a Director of the firm in January 2013. He practices in Litigation and advises in many areas of the law, including general commercial disputes and estate litigation.
He is a former President, Vice President and Treasurer of the Law Society of Tasmania and was a member of the Executive Council of the Law Society of Tasmania from 2013 to 2019.
He has been a member of the Council of the Law Society of Tasmania since 2010.
In addition, Rohan is currently:
- A Director of the Law Council of Australia;
- A member of the Disciplinary Tribunal for the Tasmanian Legal Profession;
- A Criminal Injuries Compensation Commissioner;
- A member of the Board of the Tasmanian Law Reform Institute;
- A member of the Finance and Risk Committee of Law Council of Australia;
- Member of the Solicitors Accounts Rules Committee;
- Member of the Board of Encore Theatre Company;
- Chairman of the Launceston Touch Football Association Tribunal, and member of the LTA Committee.
Rohan has also previously been President of Law Foundation, Deputy Chairman of the Tasmanian Racing Appeals Board (2013-2015), a member of the Northern Tasmania Football Association Tribunal (2006-2012), a Member of the Northern Tasmania Football Association Appeals Tribunal, a board member of the Time Out House, on the Disciplinary Panel for Touch Football Australia and a former committee member of the Tamar Churinga Hockey Club.
In 2020 he was named by Doyle’s Guide as one of Tasmania’s leading Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyers and in 2021 he was named by Doyle’s Guide as one of Tasmania’s leading Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Lawyers